Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Police Parades Suspected Kidnapper of Sun DMD's wife


The Lagos State Police Command has paraded a suspected member of the gang who allegedly kidnapped Mrs. Toyin Nwosu, the wife of the Deputy Managing Director of the Sun Newspapers.

The suspect who was identified as Odo Sylvester, a student of the Kogi State University, is presently being detained at the Special Anti Robbery Squad(SARS) for being part of the gang that kidnapped Nwosu at their Okota residence, Lagos on Monday, September 17, 2015.

In his confession he said, "Actually, I made a serious mistake by indulging in a stupid behaviour.I am a lover of the Sun Newspapers because I like the style of the paper.

"One of my admirers is Steve Nwosu. When I looked at Nwosu's column and I did not see his write up so I asked why he did not write and someone told me that his wife Toyin was kidnapped.

"I now said it would be an opportunity to make money. I picked his number from his column. I now called him and told him that he should send me N100,000 so that I could link him to his wife.

"He agreed. I was thinking about it that the money was too small to bear such a risk. I now changed my mind and told him to pay me N2 million .

"He seemed to have agreed, but as he was negotiating on how to pay me, the real kidnappers contacted him. When I now called him again, he now warned me not to call him again. He said I should stop playing with him. I now decided to keep my cool.

"I swear I don't know the kidnappers. I only cashed in on the situation to extort money from Nwosu. If the Police like let them kill me, I don't know the people that kidnapped Toyin. I am begging the government to look into the issue.

"I was trailed through the phone number I used in communicating with Nwosu. I was picked in the school. I told you that I am an Economist Student of the Kogi State University.I am in 200 level. I am afraid that this my arrest may affect my education.

The state commissioner of Police, Mr. Fatai Owoseni, who paraded the suspect alongside 42 other suspects who were arrested for various crimes including armed robbery, said the case was being investigated.

No comments:

Post a Comment